10 Best Car Speakers For Bass And Sound Quality (With Buying Guide)
Have you been looking for the best car speakers for bass? Most of us, if not all of us, want to enjoy some good and quality music in our cars. We want to add that flavor to our driving experience by having some good music that is not screeching on our ears playing in the background. Music keeps you alert and gives you a rejuvenated feeling. However, getting some quality speakers for your car can be a tall order. In this article, we will provide you with information about the best available speakers and what to look out for before buying one.
Before purchasing any kind of car speakers, you should keep in mind that every speaker does not deliver good sound and bass. Even some expensive car audio speakers also cannot deliver exact bass and sound which people expected. Be careful while buying any new set of car speakers otherwise your money will be lost.
- 1 JBL CS763– Best Car Speaker For Bass
- 2 Polk Audio DB6501– Best Sounding Car Speaker
- 3 JBL GTO939–Top Rated Car Speaker
- 4 Alpine SPR-69 Best Coaxial Speakers
- 5 Kicker DS65- Best Car Speaker For The Money
- 6 Polk Audio DB1001- Marine Certified Speaker
- 7 Pioneer TS-A1680F– An Overall Allrounder
- 8 BOSS Audio PC65.2C– Best Car Component Speaker
- 9 Hertz Audio DCX 165.3– Best Coaxial Car Speaker
- 10 Rockford Fosgate PPS4-6- High-Quality Car Speaker
- 11 Things To Look For When Buying A Car Speaker
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions
- 13 Conclusion
JBL CS763– Best Car Speaker For Bass
Upgrade the music in your car with this Coaxial Car Audio Loudspeaker. This is a 6-1/2″ (165mm) 3-way car audio loudspeaker. It comes with a balanced dome tweeter, a super tweeter and a power handling: 45Wrms, 135W peak. It also features a frequency response of 55 Hz- 21khz. The Coaxial Car Audio Loudspeaker also has a sensitivity of 93dB @ 2.83V which qualifies it to be one of the best car speakers for bass.
- It is effortless to fit the Coaxial speakers in your car. It takes an average of around 20-30 minutes per door and you are done
- The speakers are of high quality and thus produce very quality music.
- The speakers are also not expensive
- The speakers are very clear such that you can hear every single word clearly. They have no rattles or buzzes
- You do not need to use an external amp with the speakers
- The speakers have a mid and higher frequencies and a certain mid-range which is a significant addition to your system
- The speakers do not come with a grill or mounting screws which of course are needed while fixing the speakers
- The speakers are said to be a bit bigger than 6.5” which makes them a little difficult to fit
Polk Audio DB6501– Best Sounding Car Speaker
If you are looking for the best car speakers for bass, then the Polk Audio DB6501 should be top on your list. The speakers come with two-way Butterworth outboard crossover with a vented housing and an electronic tweeter protection circuit. The adaptor rings make it easy to fit the db6501 in a 6-1/2 inch and 6-3/4 inch applications. The system also features a 25mm liquid-cooled silk composite dome tweeters with neodymium magnet for clear and detailed highs. The woofers feature a polymer/ mica composite cone with butyl rubber surround, Kapton voice coil former. The component system comprises of crossovers and tweeters.
- The component comes at low prices that make it affordable for everyone
- The speaker produces high quality and clear sound. The highs are crisp, and the mids are sharp
- The system comes with installation instructions that easy to follow. Thus, you can install the system yourself without the help of a handyman. The speakers are very straight forward, and the wiring has had the bridges and connectors attached. So it is a plug and plays installation.
- The speakers require a little more power than most stock radios can provide. You may, therefore, be forced to add an amplifier to get the best results.
- The speakers may not last for long
- Since they are purchased on Amazon which is not a certified dealer, the system may not come with a warranty
JBL GTO939–Top Rated Car Speaker
Enjoy music in your car with this JBL GT0939 GTO Series speakers. This pair of speaker comprises of some of the best techs from JBL. The plus one woofer cone with a rubber surrounding consists of more surface area than that found on other competing models of the same size. It features My-Ti (Mylar/Titanium composite) tweeters which offer increased power handling, increased efficiency, and reduced distortion. The system also uses a My-Ti super tweeter that helps to deliver every last nuance. The adjustable My-Ti tweeter and sub tweeter also come with level controls that assist you to adjust and fine-tune to your satisfaction.
The system has a 300 watts peak power handling and 2-ohm impedance. It also features a three-inch mounting depth.
- The speakers are easy to install. No special tools are needed to install GT039 speakers. You can also install them on your own without the help of a handyman.
- The speakers are inexpensive, but they sound so well you would confuse them with some of the most expensive speakers in the market. the speaker’s highs are rich and creamy while the lows are deep and smooth. The bass is just impressive.
- They have a wide frequency range, and they also work great with a sealed box.
- The speakers go south fast. They do not last for very long
- They can’t handle very powerful amps
Alpine SPR-69 Best Coaxial Speakers
Nothing in this world is more fulfilling and spirit uplifting than listening to some good music while driving whether on your own or with your family and friends. The feeling is just out of this world. But all that fun can be cut short if you have faulty or lousy quality speakers. Avoid the trouble by getting this Alpine SPR-69 6*9 Coaxial Speaker Set. These speakers are a perfect combination of power and control. Many speakers can sound loud, but very few can handle some enormous power the way this set does. You get the best car speakers for bass with this set that lets you enjoy loud and powerful music without sacrificing on the quality.
The set features a 1” Silk Dome twitter and drives motor power handling CEA-2031 power rating: 100 watts power handling capacity at peak, 100 watts power handling capacity (RMS) and 300 watts woofer. It also features General Frequency Response of 60Hz- 29kHz impedance: 4 Ohms Sensitivity: 90dB (1w/1m.)
- This speaker set is a perfect combination of power and control. It allows you to listen to powerful music without sacrificing on the quality
- The speaker set also has a great bass response
- The set will not cost you so much to help you enjoy your music
- They are easy to install and don’t require you to have some special tools or knowledge
- The speakers are a little difficult to fit in some car brands, and they may require some modifications
[Important Note: Recommended power range: 5 – 125 watts RMS per channel]
Kicker DS65- Best Car Speaker For The Money
You can never be more confident with the quality and reliability of speakers than you can be with these New Kicker DS65 Car Audio Speakers. They make one of the best car speakers for bass that are available in the market. The easy to install speakers provide clear middle frequencies and highs that ultimately contribute to high quality and clear audio system. The woofers of the New Kicker use a heavy-duty motor structure and extended voice coil (EVC.) this creates remarkable performance and awesome bass. The half-inch, balanced dome tweeters supply outstanding definition.
The speakers offer you max power handling of 100 watts per speaker, which translates to 400 watts for two pairs. It also has an RMS power handling of 50 watts per speaker (200 watts for two pairs.) The speakers come with a drop in factory upgrade that makes them flexible and can, therefore, fit in any vehicle’s doors.
- Its woofers have a heavy-duty motor structure that guarantees optimum performance and impressive bass
- They are easy to install in your car. The company upgrade ensures they are flexible enough to fit in many vehicles’ doors.
- They have incredible mids
- If you are looking for so much bass, these speakers may not be what you are looking for.
- The speakers are said to blow easily. They are not able to sustain very high power
Polk Audio DB1001- Marine Certified Speaker
This is another excellent addition to our list of the best car speakers for bass. Talk of a combination of beauty and bass. The black Polk Audio DB1001 is good looking and elegant, and therefore, they will add a touch of elegance to your car. The tweeters can be used not only on cars, but they have been marine certified composite dome tweeters for use in boats too. They come with flush surface mount swivel cups that allow for flexibility during placement and sound stage optimization.
They feature a maximum input power of 180 watts. They have also been equipped with a neodymium magnet for clear and detailed highs. The tweeter comes at an affordable price that makes good quality sound affordable for everybody. They feature an in-line 12db/octave passive octave which has an electronic tweeter protection circuit that guarantees you of long-time reliability. The Polk DB series speakers have been built tough to enable them to withstand the harshest environments. You get the best audio performance and durability at a very affordable price.
- The speakers come at an affordable price which makes it possible for everyone to enjoy some good sound
- The speakers have been tough built to ensure they endure the harshest environments. They also have an electronic tweeter protection circuit. All these guarantee you that they will last for a long time
- The neodymium magnet helps to create clear and detailed highs
- The tweeters are good looking and elegant which adds some beauty to your boat
- The user manual that comes with these speakers is inadequate. It does not give details of how some installations should be undertaken
- The tweeters are said not to last too long
Pioneer TS-A1680F– An Overall Allrounder
There can be a complete list of the best car speakers for bass without the Pioneer TS-A1680F. These speakers best fit the definition of power. You can never get enough of good quality and clear music and sound with the Pioneer TS speakers. The speakers are very easy to install. They come with multi-fit installation adapters that improve their flexibility and increase their acoustic performance.
Pioneer offers an open and smooth sound concept that gives a seamless transition between the midrange and tweeter drivers which delivers optimum frequency response. The 4-way speakers come with a MICA reinforced IMPP woofer cone elastic polymer surround material and 11mm dome tweeters rubber magnet boot cover. The ICEA-2031 compliant speakers also feature a high heat resistant wire voice coil 11.2 oz. They also have a ferrite motor structure, protective grills, and top-mount depth. They have a power range of 5-600 watts RMS (350 watts peak power) and 1-1/8” balanced dome midrange.
- The highs are clean and crisp but not clean like the for other brands
- They are easy to install and don’t require specialized knowledge or tools. They come with speaker adapters for wires which improve flexibility and response optimization
- The speakers produce high quality and clear sounds
- The screws that come with the box may not fit well on the holes to screw the grill on
- They are not very loud
BOSS Audio PC65.2C– Best Car Component Speaker
For maximum sound performance and excellent quality sound, nothing beats the Boss Audio PC65.2C. Phantom speakers utilize high-quality poly injection cones with rubber surrounds that guarantee top performance. The PC65.2C is a 6-1/2″ system that has 500 watts peak power handling, featuring a pair of separate woofers, crossovers, and tweeters.
It has a mounting depth of 2-3/8 inches and 1-inch dome tweeters. They have an electroplate injection, voice coil of 1.5-inch aluminum. Its impedance is 4 Ohms, a frequency of 65 Hz- 20 kHz and a sensitivity of 90dB. The best part about this product is that it comes with a three-year platinum online dealer warranty. This assures you that the product is of excellent quality.
- The speakers come at a price that is affordable for everybody
- They produce good quality sound
- The tweeters are easy to set up with the crossovers
- The user guide lacks clear instructions on the setup process, and the tweeter wires are not marked
- The speakers do not hold when pushed up. The sound is okay at low volumes, but when it is pushed up, the sound becomes distorted and unclear
Hertz Audio DCX 165.3– Best Coaxial Car Speaker
These speakers offer you the possibility of having a high-frequency response, undistorted, and powerful sound all in one in your car. They have a power handling of 60 watts RMS and 120 watts RMS peak power. They also feature a REN Neodymium twitter with PEI dome that offers compactness and energy at high frequencies. The Heartz Audio DCX 165.3 also features a TPU surround for wide excursion and resonance damping. It also comes with a mounting depth of 2.5.”
- They are great for the price. You will get high-quality sound at a very affordable price
- You will get a little more volume because of their increased sensitivity
- They are easy to set up because of the instructions on the user guide. You can do the installation yourself even if you do not have specialized skills to help you do it
- They fit well in most of the cars
- They sound good and have a decent mid-bass
- The speakers do not fit well in some vehicles and may require you to do some modifications on the car doors for them to fit
- There is a high mid-range, and the highs may be excessive
Rockford Fosgate PPS4-6- High-Quality Car Speaker
Are you sitting on the fence wondering the best car speakers for bass to purchase? Worry no more. The Rockford Fosgate PPS4-6 is just the speaker you need for you to enjoy clear and excellent quality music in your car. This is a 4 pack, 6.5” 800 watts 4 Ohm midrange car loudspeaker. The speaker is made specifically for high sound pressure level. It features 100 watts (400 per 4 pack) RMS power handling and 200 watts (800W per 4 pack) max power. Plus, the speakers come with protective grills, and mounting hardware is included. The highly sensitive speaker can handle plenty of power. This is because it is made with a foundation of the oversized motor structure, high-temperature voice coil that is combined with a fiber reinforced paper cone and corrugated treated cloth. The speakers come at very affordable prices for the quality. Plus, Amazon is a certified dealer of the product, and therefore, you need not worry while purchasing it from Amazon.
- The speakers are easy to install as they come with their own mounting hardware
- The grill adds protection on the speakers so that you do not have to worry about them getting damaged
- They come at considerably low prices considering their quality
- They offer excellent quality sound, and they are extremely loud.
- Although the speakers are extremely loud, they lack a little on the bass aspect
- They are a bit wide and may require modifications to fit in some cars
Things To Look For When Buying A Car Speaker
Cars do much more than just getting us from one destination to another. One of the other essential features of a car is that it provides entertainment. The audio system in the car is the primary source of entertainment. As such, you need to make sure that you have the best speakers in your car. Getting the best speakers for bass to fit in your car is not a walk in the park. This is because speakers come in different sizes, shapes, types, etc. you, therefore, need to conduct some research before settling on the speaker you will buy.
Our guide below is going to give you an insight of things to consider before purchasing a speaker.
Type of Speaker
Speakers come in different types. There are full-range speakers and component speakers. You need to understand the pros and cons of each type for you to decide which one best fits your needs.
The full range speakers usually have all the components in one set. These include the woofer, tweeter, super tweeter, and mid-range all in one basket. They are all packed in one system. You should go for the full range speakers if you want to mount your system without much hassle. This is because they are the simplest to install, and they are inexpensive. In most cases, you just need to remove the old speaker and mount the new one.
Component speakers, on the other hand, feature separate tweeters, woofer, and external crossovers that work together to give you the best sound experience. The speakers utilize a unique feature that works together to provide you with the best sound experience in your car. They, however, come at a much higher price than the full-range speakers. The tweeter is placed separately from the woofer so that you can install it in the best position. As such, the sound in your car will sound more realistic and in-depth. The crossover is different from the tweeter and the woofer for better reproduction of frequencies.
Before deciding on the best speakers for bass to use in your car, you should set up a budget for it. Of course, the more you pay for one, the better the quality of sound you expect to get. However, you should be careful so that you will not be paying for the company’s name instead of the quality of sound that the speaker produces. You can even consider buying a pre-used speaker so long as the speaker is in good condition. Before buying any speaker, you should check out other customers’ reviews about the product. This will give some information that the manufacturer specifications won’t reveal. With all that information at your disposal, you can then compare all the speakers you have and decide which one gives you value for your money.
Components of the speaker
As much as many car speakers look similar, they produce very different sound qualities. The differences are brought about by the differences in the components used within the speaker. For example, speakers that look similar may produce different sounds because of the woofer surround that is used. The woofer surround should be durable, but at the same time, it should provide the flexibility required so that the speaker will vibrate and move freely. Rubber is considered the best material for a woofer surround. Its presence can point out to a speaker with the potential to produce quality sound and perform highly. Foam and cloth should offer possible alternatives for somebody who wishes to purchase high-quality speakers but on a tight budget.
The sensitivity of the speaker
Sensitivity is another critical factor that you should consider before purchasing a speaker for your car. Sensitivity refers to the amount of sound a speaker can produce when power is applied to it. If your car’s stereo is high powered, then you should consider a low sensitivity speaker.
On the other hand, if the stereo is low powered (below 15 watts), then you should consider taking a high sensitivity speaker. Speakers that are adequately powered will offer you the best sound quality.
Apart from the sensitivity of the speaker, you should also consider checking the speaker’s power handling capability. This is what is referred to as the power output of the speaker. The power handling capability is displayed in watts (W), and the most important rating is referred to as Root Mean Square (RMS). The RMS refers to the amount of continuous power that the speaker can handle.
There is also what is referred to as the peak power. However, the RMS will give you a better indication of how strong the speaker system is and enables you to compare its RMS with that of other speakers. It is good not to be carried away by the speaker’s looks and consider what exactly it can do for you. Check out the manufacturer’s specifications to see the speaker’s power and sensitivity ratings. You can also choose to check out expert speaker reviews before purchasing so that you can get all the expert details of the speaker. Check whether the speaker is made of high-quality material or not. With all that, you will be confident enough that you are making the right decision when making a purchase.
Maneuverability is another factor to consider before deciding on the best car speakers for bass to purchase. In this instance, maneuverability may refer to two things. First, you may want to buy a speaker that is adjustable so that the sound can come to you or your partner in different directions. To do this, you can consider getting a speaker system with pivoting tweeters. This can also come in handy, especially when you want to mount the speakers in a difficult to reach a corner or where space is minimal. If you have more than one car or you want to remove the speakers when you have a new car easily, then you should get the component speakers.
2-way or 3-way
2-way speakers consist of only a tweeter and a woofer. 3-way speakers consist of a tweeter, woofer, and mid-range. Three-way speakers are known to have a higher frequency range.
Speaker configuration and compatibility
Some speakers are more compatible with some car models than others. As such, before purchasing a speaker, you should provide the car’s make, model, and year of manufacture. With this information, the dealer will know the speaker’s configuration and size.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What difference do new speakers make?
A: Although the factor speakers may sound okay at first, they are not designed to give your ears the best pleasing sound that you would expect. As such, you will find that when you purchase new aftermarket speakers, the difference will be noticeable. The music will be a lot more clear, dynamic, and closer to the way it was recorded.
Q: Will my factory stereo power new aftermarket speakers?
A: In most instances, yes. But the speakers will sound just fine with factory radio power. However, the aftermarket speakers will sound a lot better with a little more additions.
Q: What is the advantage of choosing component speakers over full-range speakers?
A: With adequately powered components, you will get a better imaging and a more detailed and dynamic sound. The separate crossover networks will route the highs and lows, making your system sound at its best. Installing the separate tweeter closer to your ear brings out a certain level of detail that will surprise you.
Q: How difficult is it to install my new speakers?
A: In most cases, a new pair of aftermarket speakers is the easiest to install. Most of the new speakers will come with a user manual that will guide you on how to install them. Most of the times the wires are marked and the adapters connected to make it easier for you to mount the speakers. You do not require to have special skills to install new aftermarket speakers.
Q: Do I need new wire to connect new aftermarket speakers?
A: If you plan on powering your new aftermarket speakers with the factory stereo, then you may not necessarily need a new wire. You can use the factory wire. However, if you plan on installing an external amplifier with 50 watts RMS or more, then you should get a new speaker wire.
Q: Can I use the factory grills during installation?
A: Yes, you can. However, most new speakers will come with their grills which you can also use. Some manufacturers are making speaker grills that are very cosmetic, and they offer very minimal sound obstruction.
There is no dispute that cars are important in our lives. But apart from just taking us from one point to the other, there are other essential features of cars. Entertainment is one and vital element. The car stereo is the primary source of entertainment. We all want to enjoy some good musing that is sweet to our ears when we are going for that road trip with family and friends. Having some good speakers to play the music is therefore paramount. In the above article, we have outlined for you the best car speakers for bass that you can consider purchasing and installing on your vehicle. We have also given you insights on what you should look out for when deciding on the speaker to buy among the many in the market.