Bluetooth speaker is a must-own piece of technology if you don’t have one already. It’s the best thing to give you company to picnics, beaches, and outdoor adventures. Some of the best ones sound just as good as almost any indoor speaker.
However, finding the best Bluetooth speaker can be a pain. There are so many options on the market and it can be tricky to figure out which one you need. Some speakers are built with ultimate durability in mind, others are environment-friendly for camping and some aren’t fit for the outdoors.
Keeping all these things in mind we have come up with a budget-friendly speaker named Insignia to solve all your problems. So, without wasting any more of your time let’s have a quick review on Insignia Portable Bluetooth Stereo Speaker.
The speaker comes in a package where you’ll get the Bluetooth speaker, a USB cable, and a quick setup guide. It features wirelessly stream from any Bluetooth device and a rechargeable battery. The rechargeable battery lasts up to 30 hours. Also, it has a water-resistant body and integrated power bank to charge your mobile devices.
From the top view, you’ll see an LED indicator, functional buttons like play-pause, volume adjustment, and a Bluetooth pairing icon to pair with other devices. From the back view, you’ll see a chagrining indicator, on/off switch, DC out port, micro USB charging port, and AUX-IN jack.
You can connect an external sound source, such as an iPod, MP3 player. The audio cable has to be a 3.5 mm plug and then you can plug it into the AUX IN jack on the right side of your computer. Unfortunately, the 3.5mm audio cable also known as AUX cable isn’t included with the speaker. Therefore, you have to buy one to play music without Bluetooth.
One thing to remember, Bluetooth automatically goes into standby mode when an AUX cable is connected. You can also play music from your Bluetooth devices while an AUX cable is connected. Just simply press play on the speaker or your Bluetooth device. Again, to return to AUX mode, simply press pause or stop on the speaker or Bluetooth device.
When there is an incoming call you can press the play-pause button to accept the call while your phone is connected to the Bluetooth speaker. You can also press and hold the play-pause button to reject an incoming call. Then again you can press the same button during a call if you need to end the call.
Another cool feature is the speaker resetting option. However, this feature will remove all previous paired Bluetooth devices. To reset the speaker simply turn on the speaker. Then press and hold the previous button and the volume up button at the same time. You need to hold both of the buttons for approximately five seconds. Then you’ll hear a warning tone and LED indicator will blink, then power off.
- Rugged built quality
- Wireless stream from any Bluetooth device
- 30-hours lasting rechargeable battery
- Integrated power bank to charge your mobile phones
- Water-resistant body
- AUX cable isn’t included with the speaker
Can I use an auxiliary cord to connect to the speaker?
Ans. Yes, you can use the cord instead of Bluetooth.
How long does the charge last?
Ans. Charge lasts up to 30-hours on a full charge.
Does it come with any warranty?
Ans. No, it doesn’t. However, you may able to find warranty information on the manufacturer’s website.
How far from can I connect to the speaker?
Ans. You have to be within 33-feet to connect to the speaker.
How long does it take to completely charge up the device?
Ans: Well, it depends on how much charge you have left in the speaker. Usually, it takes around 2-3 hours to charge up the speaker from empty to full.
Can I carry this along during beach or pool parties?
Ans: Yes. The speaker is completely waterproof. Hence, you get to listen to your favorite music while having fun with your friends at the beach.
How to charge your speaker?
- Connect the small end of the charging cable to the micro USB port on the back of your speaker
- Connect the other end to a USB port on your computer or any other USB supported plug
A few things to remember, you’ll hear beeps when the battery is low. The speaker will power off automatically when the battery is low. When you’ll see the charging indicator shows solid red, it means the speaker is charging. If the charging indicator doesn’t show any color then the speaker is fully charged.
- At first, you need to make sure the Bluetooth device is turned on and within 33-feet of your speaker.
- Then press and hold the Bluetooth pairing button on your speaker. Your speaker enters in pairing mode and remains in pairing mode until it pairs with a Bluetooth device
- Turn on Bluetooth on your device and go to pairing mode to select the speakers.
- There is a password in the back of the speaker package and the manual. So, if you’re asked for a password then enter the password.
- You can also hold the Bluetooth pairing button on your speaker for three seconds to disconnect from the paired device. The speaker will enter in pairing mode again.
If the LED on your speaker blinks blue then the speaker is in pairing mode. But if it’s solid blue then you’ll know the speaker is paired or an AUX device is connected.
Along with the review, we have also included some safety tips to extend the durability of the speaker.
- Never expose the product to fire as this could result in personal injury
- Don’t keep the product in an extremely cold or warm temperature
- Don’t dismantle the product
- Keep children away from playing with the product
- Try not to expose the product to dampness or moisture.
With a portable speaker handy, you’ll never have to stay away from music. Also, you can listen to your favorite jam with your friends. The Insignia Bluetooth Speaker review will help you make your final buying decision from the wide array of portable speakers out there.